JAMB 2018 Why students fail to gain admission



Year after year, JAMB has always recorded mass failure by students. The reason is not that the student didn’t read but they lack techniques of how JAMB set their questions. Some even score wonderful mark but due to some reasons, they couldn’t gain admission.


I will use myself as a case study, the first time I sat for my JAMB exam, I had a very high score. Guess? I scored 292 in my first ever JAMB. I will say that I was the first person in my family lineage that scored above 250.



Read alsoQuestions asked in admission screening and how to answer them


But the devil set in. How? I choose pharmacy but due to the persuasion from my parents, I changed my course to medicine & surgery. Less I forget, I choose OAU, Obafemi  Awolowo University. Due to this, I was denied admission to study medicine and surgery in OAU. End of story!! My point is that even people with high score might not gain admission.

Student fails to gain admission for many reasons which I will be listing in the post. You want admission this year? Then take your time carefully to read my point. Below are some of the reasons why student fail to gain admission.

Read alsoTen most competitive courses in Nigerian universities 

   1.     Low JAMB scores

   Having low JAMB scores reduces your chance of admission. This is what disqualifies most students with low JAMB score, but what you don’t know is that you can be admitted in a University which I have listed here.


  Read alsoThings you need for the upcoming screening


  2.    Choosing competitive course

   You can’t compare two students with same JAMB score but they are studying different courses. Medicine and surgery has a limited slot compared to the number of candidate that applied for it. If you want a quicker admission, just avoid those competitive courses, you can be successful in any other course which is less competitive.


  Read alsoHow to calculate UI screening point

   3.    Not being informed

    I know of students that were not admitted just because they were not aware of their school screening date. Let us cultivate the attitude of surfing the internet in search of valuable information. If you are not informed, you will surely be deformed. Be careful.

  Read alsoTop ten most competitive courses in Nigerian Universities


  4.     Wrong subject combination

   Almost every students fall victim of this, wrong subject combinations. I will advised you to check JAMB brochure before proceed to apply for JAMB so that you will not regret in the future.
You need help on your subject combination? I can be of help, comment your preferred course and I will tell you your subject combination.

You find this post useful?  Kindly do us a favour by sharing this post to your friends on social media by using the share icon below this post.

You have any question?  Use the comment box below,  i will reply as soon as possible.

Thanks
Previous Post
Next Post